COBYS Family Services
COBYS Family Services is a Christian agency, affiliated with the Atlantic Northeast District of the Church of the Brethren. Founded in 1979 as a teen foster care program, we originally were named Church of the Brethren Youth Services (COBYS) Over more than a quarter-century of service, we have grown into a comprehensive family ministry that now includes adoption and foster care services, counseling, family life education, and a permanency program.
Since 1989 COBYS has been headquartered in the historic Oregon Mill north of Lancaster (near Oregon Dairy and Reflections Restaurant). To better reflect the broadened scope of services and clients, in 1992 we adopted the name "COBYS Family Services." While the letters of the acronym "COBYS" no longer has meaning, the name "COBYS Family Services" has come to mean Christlike concern for children and families.
Motivated by Christian faith, COBYS Family Services educates, supports, and empowers children and adults to reach their full potential.
- Life is Sacred - Believing that all people are created in the image of God, we recognize the inherent worth of each client by exhibiting empathy, compassion, and respect.
- Integrity - We strive to be honest, authentic, and trustworthy in saying what we mean, matching our behaviors to our words, and taking responsibility for our actions.
- Faith - Jesus is Lord of our organization. We trust him to provide for our ministry's needs and to empower transformation in our own lives and in the lives of those we serve.
- Teamwork - Respecting our unique contributions, we value and care for each other, both personally and professionally, and enjoy working and growing together.
- Servanthood - Servant leadership is reflected perfectly in the life and person of Jesus Christ. We seek to integrate the highest standards of professionalism with Christ's example of joyful service. Learn More